Monday, November 25, 2013

WINTER

Well, it is real, winter has arrived in Wisconsin. I hate winter. It's too cold, too much snow and ice. It is dangerous driving, heck even walking can be deadly. Then there all the things I have wrong with my body that get worse in winter. Did I say I hate winter?

Most sane people that can afford to spend winter in warm climates. I was lucky to do this a couple years in the past. Wish I could do it this year because I really don't think my body will get through another rough Wisconsin winter.

When we were kids we got out the sleds, skis and skates and had a good time. Didn't have to worry about driving during blizzards, alternate street parking, breaking bones on ice. Ya, those were the good days, except even though I did enjoy sledding, I never liked to cold, I believe God wanted me to be a California kid.

Did I say I hate winter? SAD is a very common disease here when it gets dark out so early and it is too cold to get proper exercise. The idea is to get an expensive light and sit in front of it. My brain can't be tricked that easy, I'm no dummy.

Bears are natures smart animals, they hibernate in winter. Lots of my friends call me "Bear", in part because I am built like one, and in part because I want to join the bears of Wisconsin and hibernate. Also because I love the Chicago Bears and most folks in Wisconsin love the Green Bay Packers. Did I say I hate winter?

No comments: