As most of my readers know, I really love automobiles, vintage sports cars, muscle cars, concept cars, cars of all types. Over the last year I have test driven and leased many different modern autos and have come to several conclusions, the biggest conclusion is that most autos with fancy screans on the dash boards are nothing but a headache. They add to the cost of the car and for many of them, the first thing to break down.
I have respect for the Dodge Charger and Challenger. The Chevy HHR and Ford Escort are two of the small cars I like. The Escort would be much nicer without the electronic screen. I found most American autos worthy of their purpose. The Camero is one of my favorite cars, my least favorite, by far is the Toyota Prius.
O.K. yuppy nerds calm down, the Prius is one of the most popular among hi tech liberals in college towns, but guess what, I found the tin can to be the worst car I ever drove, ever - and I owned a Ford Pinto. The prius had only one good thing to say about it, the brakes were great, other than that it is a loser. I would not feel safe driving my family in that Jap junk.
Germany is still making fantastic cars. Audi is super, VW has quality cars, and I still have yet to drive a BMW.
Waiting to get behind the wheel of the new Corvette Stingray. I hope it is as enjoyable as I believe it will be. I also am lining up a Jaguar F Type.
I still am looking forward to finding someone who had an older sports car from the UK, they made so many great, and I mean great cars. I have fond memories of a friends TR3, and an MG. I love the older sports cars. They need more work and tender care than modern autos, but the styling, the feel of a mechanical beast is hard to overcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment